I forgot to post this so here is what I wrote on Sunday:
This weekend my work sent me to GA for an ultrasound class. One benefit of working at a tiny hospital is that this opportunity was actually available to me. If I had worked at a larger hospital there is no way I would have been sent. I got to go because one tech didn't want to and the other is too pregnant. Yeah! I've never actually been excited to go to a conference, but for this I was. I learned about how to use the 3D imaging of my ultrasound machine. The only caveat is that I need to go back and teach the other techs what I learned. The teacher was really engaging and excited about the new technology. He is a GYN surgeon from Denver who is totally in love with 3D imaging, and he got everyone else excited about it too. I arrived last night at about 9:00. There were supposed to be 2 other people for the conference on my flight, but they missed it and no one got the memo even though they made the effort of calling to inform the travel agency. Because of this the driver and I waited until 10:30 for them. At that point we were given permission to leave and headed into a traffic nightmare. Think 4 lanes into 1 for construction meets accident. Total gridlock. The driver was able to get us off the freeway and onto sidestreets but we didn't arrive at the hotel until almost midnight. Then I had to get up at 6:00 for my class. Good thing the instructor was entertaining. I hope the teacher wasn't offended or thought I was bored because I was yawning, I tried to hide it as much as possible. All in all, it was really good and I am excited to put this training on my resume!
Here is the follow up story:
I dropped off the girls for the weekend so I could go to the class and Marc could get some work done. As we were planning the weekend we realized that Lauren and Ashley were leaving for New York 1.5 hours before I was scheduled to leave, so we would car pool. Not even thinking we took Lauren's car. When I got home I realized it had been snowing basically non-stop the entire time I was gone. I decided to brave the elements and see if Lauren's car could make it up my driveway. Prior to this storm all the ice had melted so I thought I had a reasonable chance. Due to my years of experience navigating the steep dirt driveway I was able to get the car up and to my house. During the night it snowed another foot. When we were getting ready to leave and pick up the girls I started thinking that the car wasn't going to make it out of the driveway, it didn't. The car high centered on the snow and we were stuck. Marc hasn't let me hear the end of it. I'm a fliberty-gibbit, I can't help it if I don't consider all of the consequences to all of my actions. For future reference, DO NOT TAKE A 2WD CAR TO MY HOUSE OCT-MAY, EVER! You never know what will happen. Don't worry Lauren, the car is fine and Mom is picking it up on Friday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh well that is just great. Glad you enjoyed your quick trip despite the crazy schedule!!
WHAT? You came to my state and didn't let me know? Oh man!! I would have come and taxied you around. :) Although it sounds like you had it covered and that it was a short trip. I do expect notice next time though! :)
Post a Comment