Friday, May 21, 2010

Puerto Vallarta VI


Today we went on another booze cruise/sightseeing tour. It started early at 9:30. Again, we were so glad we read the reviews regarding this tour. First off, we knew the provided breakfast was going to be pretty small. In fact it was a few pieces of fruit, a small croissant and orange juice. We were glad we ate at the condo. The next tip we got was to take Dramamine. At the last minute I brought all the pills and was glad I did because there were several people who were not doing well. One girl threw up a few times. I gave her a pill and she asked for another a couple of hours later. The boat we were on was a double-decker so we had to choose, up in the sun or down in the shade. We chose the roof because Marc loves the sun and I thought the lower deck might be a little stifling. We were in the sun all day. We were constantly reapplying sunscreen and ended up running out at the last stop. Marc ended up fairly burned on his arms and shoulders. I had a hat and cover-up that kept me pretty well out of harms way.
The first stop was at Los Arcos for snorkeling. We had heard the snorkeling wasn’t great, but we were going to do it anyway. When we got to the station to get the gear we were told that we would have to wait for someone else to finish using the gear because they were all out, EEEWWWW! So we just swam.
The next stop we had two options, hang out at a secluded beach that can only be reached by boat, or rent horses to take us to a waterfall. Marc is severely allergic to horses so we opted for the beach. It was nice. There was a restaurant there that we ordered a few sodas at so we could use their chairs and relaxed for about an hour and a half before the boat took us over for lunch. Marc decided to lie under the sun while I huddled under the umbrella; he forgot to reapply sunscreen and so got pretty red. We also were able to swim in the ocean for a bit. Marc hopped in a second time and quickly hopped out after nearly running into a jellyfish, luckily he didn’t get stung.
Lunch was provided and when we arrived at the pier we were asked if we wanted chicken, beef, fish, or quesadilla. We chose fish not knowing anything. We made the right choice. When we got to the restaurant everyone was getting their food all at once. Marc was getting hungry and impatient, so he was able to snag our food fairly quickly. At every meal here you are given a stack of tortilla because every meal is a taco. We rolled our fish in the tortillas, squeezed on a little lime with some salsa, delicious!
When we got back on the boat we realized our sunscreen was gone. Marc was totally annoyed but decided to still stay out in the sun with his shirt off. I encouraged him to over himself with his towel but he refused. I cover up and put my hat on. I didn’t get burned, he did. The boat ride back was over an hour and the booze flowed freely. Needless to say, we were DONE by the end.

No comments: