Wednesday, February 18, 2009

4 Month CheckUp



Even though the girls are almost 5 months old, we had the 4 month checkup today. Alice got her first dose of vaccines (she missed the 2 month round due to casts on her legs) and Claire got her second round. They are meeting most of their age goals. Alice is a bit behind physically due to her casts and brace, but they are both way ahead socially. The doctor told us they are ready to start on cereal, but both Marc and I don't feel comfortable with that yet, so we are waiting another month. We figure 6 months is still respectable to start cereal. All in all, they are happy and healthy so we couldn't be more pleased. The stats are

Alice is 11.69 lbs (5%), 24.5" (40%) so she is long and skinny.
Claire is 13.2 lbs (24%) and 23.75" (15%). Claire apparently got the Polish genes, short and chubby.

It surprised me that Alice is that much taller then Claire. I had assumed that Claire was all around bigger.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

It will be interesting to see the difference as they continue to grow. they seem to be growing up fast... and they aren't even my kids. Cute.

rachaeljanae said...

Don't start them on solids yet! It just introduces a whole new set of problems with the tummy, and it's not as easy and convinient as the bottle. I've actually started Aaron on cereal because he drinks 8-10 oz of formula at each feeding and still wakes up around 5am to eat if I don't. But if I could, I'd definately wait. Especially since the girls are preemies. I didn't start Sean until he was 7 months old.

Jim and Christina said...

yeah--all my boys had issues with cereals..until 8 months or so. Rice cereal was the worst for their stomachs....if they don't need it..and aren't acting like they are dying to swallow it..don't do it..They will get it together at their own pace. The whole ordeal of trying out babyfood is such an ordeal..its just nice when they are around 12 months and they can handle it all..and can eat it all easily...

Su said...

Agreed. 6 months is perfectly respectable! You're the mom :D