Sunday, August 24, 2008

Testing supplies and the Zermatt

After being diagnosed with gestational diabetes, I met with the dietician, got my glucose meter, called my doctor who called in my perscription for testing supplies to my pharmacy. Marc goes to the pharmacy to pick up the supplies and what do we learn? Diabetic testing supplies are not covered by insurance! I was absolutly shocked, because they are not cheap. Actually I was furious. I just keep thinking that I can afford to pay for these, but I could see how many could not. So the insurance company will provide you with insulin, but no way to know if you need it. Appalling! Marc called his dad to ask about his testing supplies and through Medicare he gets $3000 a year for his supplies and he has used that up already. Whatever. All I can say is Thank goodness for Flex Spending.
On a completely seperate topic, yesterday around 5:30 we got a phone call from Marc's friend who was at a work party in Midway. His work had payed for a hotel room at a really nice resort and he wasn't using it, so he wanted to know if we wanted to spend the night up there instead. We have no shame about free loading, so we packed up our overnight bags and headed up to Midway. If you want to check out the website of the resort go to http://www.dolce-zermatt-resort-hotel.com/Default.asp
We were also excited to be able to use some of our Happenings coupons in Midway that we would never use otherwise. We ate at a really random and out of the way place called Inn on the Creek. It was a cute little hotel and the food was really good, especially with our buy one get one free coupon. Besides that, it is always fun to get away, even for a night.

4 comments:

Janae said...

Inn at the creek is where Marina Noble was married and had her reception, nice place but out of the way for sure. mom

Lauren said...

Looks like a really fun place and lets be honest, a night away from home is fun even if the place turns out to be a nightmare. The whole insurance ordeal sound horrible. Someday I pray for comprehensive health care where they tell you upfront what you pay for and how much it will be. Everything is a secret with health care.

rachaeljanae said...

Hey, I just found Jake and April's blog that you might be interested it. Their twins are about 7 months I think. http://jwrosefamily.blogspot.com/

rachaeljanae said...

Oh, and I have no sympathy for you. Some of us have to pay for everything.