Sunday, August 17, 2008

Childbirth Education

Yesterday we started a childbirth education class that is offered through my hospital. When I first signed up for the class it was to be a 2 hour course once a week for 6 weeks. I told Marc about it and he wanted nothing to do with it. He was upset about the length and duration of the classes and wanted to me see if there was any other alternitive. They don't tell you this, but they offer the class as a full day Saturday or 2 half day Saturdays. We decided on the half day Saturday and I am so glad we switched. Most of the stuff I already knew, but Marc hadn't heard much of it. As you can imagine, Marc doesn't seek out any information on this topic. He feels that if he needs to know something, I will tell him. So I think he learned a few interesting things. The highlight of the class for me was during a birth video, Marc hadn't been watching and looked up at just the wrong moment. Both he, and the guy sitting next to him, had identical looks of horror and disgust, it was priceless.
We go again next Saturday to finish up.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I am putting together the Stice family scrapbook and some treasured photos are of Han's birth hiding nothing. I was shocked that all the children had seen these. I am not going to include them in my adaptation.

rachaeljanae said...

I had the same problem with Seth. You were smart to do the Saturday thing. Sometimes they just need to be dragged to things!

Melanie said...

Too bad you didn't have a camera to capture the look of horror on both of the guys' faces! I'm glad he's being a good sport about it! Tell him I'm proud of him!