Monday, July 28, 2008

Done, done, done!!!

Today was my last day of class. We really didn't do anything other that take a class picture, fill out surveys, and eat bagels. I am so glad to be finished and not have to worry any more about school or studying or any of that. The only challenge is finding a job, although I am not sure if that will work out right now. I think I will just wait until the girls are born and until I am really ready to get back to work. That way I won't feel pressured to return to work before I feel ready. Also the sleep lab is extremely flexible with me, so if I want to come back and work twice a month (the bare minimum to stay employed) I can do that. We will see.
On another note, Caleb had his farewell (or whatever they are calling it now). It was fun to go back to my old ward and see a lot of acquaintances and friends. Also a lot of family I rarely see came. It is weird to think of my little brother going on a mission, but he will be great.
Things with the girls are going good. We have another ultrasound on Thursday, so expect another update then. This week we got a wonderful phone call from a friend of ours that recently had her third and last baby and they were getting ready to take a load of baby stuff to DI, she graciously thought of us and wanted to know if we wanted to go through the stuff first. One great thing about having twins is that everyone feels sorry for you and we have been able to accumulate a lot of the necessities used and free. Several people as they are offering their free stuff to us think we will refuse because who wants used baby stuff that is blue when we are having girls? Oh, me, me, me! After we knew we would be getting that stuff we called up Melanie who has been saving stuff for us and unloaded her storage room for her as well. At this rate, hopefully we won't need to buy too much, although I know we won't be so lucky not to need anything, we just want to minimize the impact on our wallet.
Also this week I finished my quilts I have been working on. With all the time and energy I have put into them Marc asked me if it was really necessary that I make these "can't we just buy baby quilts" he asked me. Maybe it is because he is a man, but he just doesn't understand.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Great Job on the quilts. Everything is 200 X more impressive when you have to do double the amount!

rachaeljanae said...

Seth doesn't get it either. Yes, it is more expensive and time consuming to make them. And???

Melanie said...

I was happy to give Ryan's baby stuff to you! I can now see all of my food storage! :)

Congratulations on being done with school! We are SO proud of you! We look forward to celebrating in the next few days.

The quilts are beautiful. I understand, even if my brother doesn't.

Kristy said...

Those are SO cute...why don't men understand? If it was a canoe or a fancy car they'd restored, they'd probably get it...

Natalie said...

Your quilts are beautiful! I'm so impressed. I'm with you... there's something so personal and... I don't know... great when you make quilts (and such). They are definitely made with love. Way to go.