
This Saturday Marc's cousins, the Jensen's put on a baby shower for me. Marc's aunt and uncle have the most amazing yard with a stream and lots of trees, so even though the day was hot, their yard remained quite pleasant. It was fun to see a lot of people that I don't get to see regularly, like my Grandma Cope, aunt Gail and cousin Stephanie who came down from Logan. Also several friends for my work and ward came, even though it was a bit of a distance. I really appreciated that instead of playing games, we did crafts .
We tied 3 blankets, embroidered burp cloths and colored some wooden crafts. Speaking of blankets and burp cloths, these were by far the most popular item I recieved and was looking at them thinking it seemed a little excessive, but my visiting teacher informed me that even though I thought there were too many, I would use and need them all. She is probably right, because if you think that the babies will need to be fed every 3 hours, that is 8 times a day, times two. That is 16 burping sessions, per day. I think everything will come in handy. 
My friend Jill made the cutest knit hats that I can't wait to use because pink and brown are my favorite color combo and I know they will look so cute with them on. Also Marc's mom Sandy gave us some very beautiful blessing dresses that I am pretty excited about.

After the shower, my mom took us to the Utah Fine Art Museum where they are showing the Monet to Picasso exibit that we had been wanting to go to. It was interesting. All of us agreed that we loved the impressionists stuff, but have a hard time with some of the more modern pieces.
When we were finished with the museum we picked up Lauren and Derrald at the airport and went to get sushi at Ichiban. A little side note here. Marc and I, and apparently Lauren and Derrald, love sushi. It was at their request that we went, and Marc certainly had no objections. Sushi has been the most difficult thing for me to give up during my pregnancy, and since I am suffering, Marc has been suffering also. I have told Marc that after I deliver, he is to get sushi and bring it to me in the hospital. Anyway, so at Ichiban, I tried to figure out a few rolls that would work out for me and my mom wanted something mild but not a California roll, so there were a couple of things that I had without guilt.
All in all, yesterday was a long day. We got home around 8:30 and Marc crashed on the couch and started falling alseep, so we just went to bed around 9:00 and didn't get up until 8:30 this morning.
1 comment:
Hooray for free gifts! rack them up guilt free. I do hate to think about the massive amounts of laundry that you are going to be doing with 2 babies. Derrald and I will double our sushi intake to make up for your loss. See you at baby shower #2 in Orem!
Post a Comment