
This last week I have been feeling particularly squished on the inside and stretched on the outside. Today my doctor confirmed that. As of today, I am officially measuring 9 weeks ahead of schedule (that would be 33 weeks for those who are counting). Also, this week marks the magic date that I am supposed to start taking it easy i.e. no heavy lifting and no exercising. I was a bit dismayed about the no exercise, since I think it is very important and have read that the healthier you are going into labor, the easier and quicker it goes, and recovery time is much shorter. So we compromised. I can still do my yoga, but mostly the mediation and relaxation, but none of the strenuous poses. Prenatal yoga is mostly stretches anyway, so I think I can handle that. I was realizing the other day, that I do not have many pics of myself pregnant. So because I feel so enormous and due to the request of Kristy, I have posted one.
5 comments:
You look great! I think it's easier for us to realize how cute others are when they are pregnant, but not ourselves. I have avoided pictures at all costs, but when I see one that is taken of me....I want to cry. You really do look great though. Keep smiling! I love to keep up with how things are going for you!
yeah, you look huge. We are hoping for the best though! I am so happy that we get to see you pregnant though since we missed that whole part or Ryan's pregnancy. Good Luck with the new phase!
It's hard to take pictures of yourself at this stage, but it's fun to look back and see how fat you were!
I always try to keep moving as much as I can, even though they tell you to take it easy. I figure, pioneer women worked in the fields while pregnant, I can get out and take a walk--you can tell when you are pushing it too hard. Besides, I've found that "taking it easy" tends to make all the aches and pains even worse.
Thank you! You look so cute! Can you still breathe? When I got to that point where I felt like you do, I couldn't ever get a deep breath!
Don't worry fran! You'll be ok even if you're all atrophied. I had puked my guts out the entire time and was on bedrest for the last bit so I was way worried too. But then my labor was shorter than ALL of my friends who were exercise nuts during their pregnancies (HA, 5 hours start to finish, take that yoga-brains!) So from my experience, I personally think that exercise has nothing to do with it, it's all about how desperate you are to get that baby out! gimme that lawn mower...
Way to go Fran, you're doing a fantastic job!
Post a Comment