I am excited for the new carpet to go in tomorrow and get our bedroom set up. We still need to get a few pieces of furniture for the nursery, but things are coming together.
Monday, September 1, 2008
Rearrangement and Assembly
Today was a big day. Marc and I were planning on
clearing out the basement bedroom and hallway since we are having carpet installed tomorrow. Yesterday my mom called saying she would be on her way home from Logan and wanted to stop by. No problem as long as they didn't mind doing a little heavy
lifting, so we called Marc's parents to see if they wanted to join in the festivities. So we spent the morning trying to get things ready for the shift. My mom, Janell, my aunt Laura and her
daughters Summer and Amberlee all showed up around 12:30 with lunch. We chatted and ate lunch and got to work. Janell and Summer mostly just watched movies, but Amberlee was extremely helpful, trying to do whatever was needed. With their help we were able to get everything cleared and stacked into
the great room in the basement. When we had completed that, Marc's parents came just in time to help us move everything from our room upstairs down to the great room to make way for the babies things. (We are turning the upstairs bedroom into the nursery). So of course we had to clear out the bedroom and sweep and mop and dust and all of that loveliness. Then we assembled the cribs. It was good we had so many there to help because it took everyone to figure out the rather vague instructions, but they are so cute! My mom got them for us off of overstock for $500 for the pair and I have seen the exact same ones for $400 elsewhere. I think we got a really great deal. These convert into toddler beds and then into full sized beds, so they are the only beds we should ever need for the girls.
I am excited for the new carpet to go in tomorrow and get our bedroom set up. We still need to get a few pieces of furniture for the nursery, but things are coming together.
I am excited for the new carpet to go in tomorrow and get our bedroom set up. We still need to get a few pieces of furniture for the nursery, but things are coming together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Frances, that is so exciting. I'm sure that seeing the nursary come together adds to the anxiety for the girls to come. I wish that we were there to hang out and get everything ready! Good luck with the carpet and your own room.
I'm so excited for you guys. Twins are so much fun. Beck and Lily are almost 8 months old, its so crazy to think about that. We are moving soon, so we'll get to re-setup our nursery, fun times. Serioulsy, ask April questions, if you're interested. We (her much more than me) did a lot of research, though we did take a non-medical approach.
WOW - So much work to get ready for TWINS...I can't believe it. Good Luck, really. I am super excited for you!
Frannie, Consider yourself tagged. This was kind of a fun one to do and a good journal exercise.
Rules are:
1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write 6 random things about yourself.
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let the person know you tagged them on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when you've posted.
wow... looks like loads of work. I'm so glad you had so many great helpers! We are working on converting our office to the nursery... but that means the basement needs to be done and built-in office area assembled... Its a lot of work rearranging! The cribs do look fabulous!
PS, I look forward to seeing your tag from Rach. I'm glad she said it was a fun one to do, since I tagged her!
You look great. Your a cute prego girl! I'm so excited for you guys. We'll have to come up and visit sometime after you have the babies.
Post a Comment