Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Non Stress Test


Yet another doctor's appointment. Yesterday we hit a big milestone, 32 weeks. Even more exciting is that in 2 weeks I will be far enough along that if I went into labor they wouldn't stop me. The babies are still breach (suprise, suprise) but other then that things are looking good. We also had our second non stress test today. We have started doing them every week and will most likely eventually go up to twice a week soon. Basically they strap 3 moniters on me, one for each babies heart beat and another to measure my contrations. They moniter the heart beats for 20-30 minutes looking for the rates to go up at least 3 times. Those are looking great. As far as my contractions go, appartenly I have an "irratable uterus." Basically that means that I am constantly having small contactions and then occationally a big one. It is kind of uncomfortable and there is nothing I can do about it, but they are not too worried.

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Fun stuff! Looks like a lot of fun. I hope you don't have to have a C-section. That was my worst fear...

Lauren said...

C-section smechction, I just want this to be as painless as possible for you. Knock me out and do what you gotta do doc. I am so happy that we get to see your huge belly. I do not want to miss any of this! I just want to hear that Marc is making Ben and Jerry's runs every night at 3 am!

Melanie said...

I love the picture! You look SO thrilled to be there! I'm sorry you have to do it so often.

I've told you my philosophy about c-sections. I was actually relieved when that decision was made, due to all of our complications. It wasn't that bad, especially with mom as a great helper!

By the way, whisper to the babies that I'm still hoping for them to come on October 7. :)