Monday, September 8, 2008

Condo

This week my parents had a condo reserved in Jeremy Ranch (just outside of Park City) that was going to sit empty. Since I am free game for these kind of things, and the waste was unbearable, Marc and I went up to check it out on Saturday. From the outside the condo is pretty dumpy, but the inside is nice enough and updated. Spending the weekend was so relaxing that we decided to stay the whole week. It only takes about 15 minutes to get here from our house, and going to Salt Lake is about the same amount of time. I went back to the cabin today to clean and get a few more things, and just being at my house is exhausting. It has been wonderful to be away where I can't think about all of the things that I need to get done before the girls get here. This way I can just relax, read, watch a movie or whatever instead of stressing out. I will probably go back tomorrow to try and get the mess under control. We have been trying to get the nursery set up, which means all of the baby stuff is in my front room and there is an increasing pile of garbage (boxes and such) that needs to go to a dumpster. So I feel that when I am trying to get organized I am creating more of a mess! We did get the carpet installed in the basement and it looks great. It feels like a real basement that I can walk around with bare feet! We got the carpet at a 'free labor' sale and it was a remnant that Marc bargained down to a great deal, so it was SUPER cheap. My grandma's only specification was that it hide dirt well. It does that and it matches the paint and wood nicely.
Today I met with the nurse practicioner at the Diabetic Care Center. She was pleased with how well I was doing with controlling my sugar. She was telling me that I am usually a little high in the morning, which is concerning, since there isn't much I can do about that reading. If it continues to be high or gets worse (as it often does as the pregnancy progresses) I may need to start insulin shots. She will check up on me in about 2 weeks to decide if I need that. In the mean time I need to start checking my sugar 7 times a day instead of 4. Lovely. But she was pleased with how I was doing in with my diet, so that's good.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

The carpet looks great. It amazes me that it was not done 50 years ago. That basement has always been so cold!

Molly said...

Man, you mom and dad have times shares all over, since Rachael just got to go to one too!! Do they have anything in Georgia! ha,ha j/k

I am glad to see you are doing well. I don't know if you look at my blog at all, but we got a double stroller not too long ago that I absolutely love. It fits in the back of my car - the seats recline individually (great for babies), it folds up easily, it fits through standard doorways - it's great and was only $200. You can look at my blog to see it if you're interested. I only saw it at Target.com, not in the stores (at least out here!)