Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Updates on the girls

Alice Antonina Inman
5 lbs 3 oz   19"




Claire Bathsheba Inman
4 lbs 13 oz   17.75" 


We are all doing really well. The girls are still in the NICU, but are doing fine. They are not sick babies, but need to be eating better and growing. Right now they are losing a bit of weight, which is normal for all babies. Alice is out of the warming bed and regulating her own temperature well. Claire is still trying to get the temperature thing down and occasionally needs the warming bed. If they were full term, we wouldn't be concerned about them losing weight, but since they are so small, they are being supplemented with formula through an NG tube for awhile. We go down and feed them about every 3 hours to help them get used to breastfeeding and while they are latched they get their supplemented formula. Last night however, we decided to give up on the 2 am feeding in lieu of sleep. Currently we are spending about half of our time in our room and the other half with the girls. If anyone wants to call they can. My room number is 801-507-7319, or you can try my cell phone 801-644-4508. If I am not there, I am with the girls and try back later. We will be here until Thursday and after that there is a possibility we will stay here in a "Parent Room" if they are available and the girls are not ready to leave. I will try to continue the updates. Also, thank you Melanie for posting the pics to my blog yesterday, and Marc for taking dication while I was laying in bed.

6 comments:

Kristy said...

They are so cute! They look like they are doing great. Let the fun begin!

Jim and Christina said...

They are adorable. I love the names!

Lauren said...

When you first mentioned Alice as a possibility I was a little skeptical but ever since you mentioned it I could not stop thinking about how adorable it really would be. I am so happy that you used it and no, not just because it is my middle name. Both names are so beautiful!

rachaeljanae said...

I wanted to give Jenna the middle name 'Bathsheba', but couldn't get it past Seth. I'm glad you used it. Where does Antonina come from?

Molly said...

I love their names! Very cute - glad all is going well!

B said...

Frannie, they're so cute!
When they get a little bigger and you take a trip down to Grandma's let me know, I'd love to come see them! :)