Starting tomorrow I will be seeing my doctor every two weeks and will be having ultrasounds pretty regularly. Yeah for being double insured!
Sunday, May 18, 2008
The first ultrasound (for real)
So on Friday I had my first REAL ultrasound. Since we are having twins we went to a perinatologist, which was an interesting experience. When I perform this type of ultrasound we just do it in a normal ultrasound room where we scan legs and gall bladders and everything else, so nothing is really special. But they had a really nice setup with a monitor that we could watch mounted on the wall and they made a DVD for us of the whole thing. I decided when I got there not to tell the technician that I do ultrasounds because I didn't want her to get flustered or nervous. Marc thought it was hilarious as I let her scan and acted as if I had no idea what was going on. But after a minute of watching her I was very glad I didn't say anything because the pictures she took were not that good and a couple of them were really weird. I am glad that I can take my own pictures when I want to, and if the babies don't cooperate I can try again later. I did feel a little bad for her because both of their heads were down and pretty low, which made any face pics near impossible. I was looking at them thinking that they looked like they were whispering secrets to each other they were so close. So after the tech did her thing the Perinatologist came in and scanned me also. That was really nice because he talked for a long time about twins and what we would be concerned about and things that are normal. Most of the stuff I knew, but it was good to talk to him also. When I told him that I do ultrasounds he was telling me that they are having a job opening soon and how great it is to work there (i.e. no weekends and no call) and how I should keep my eye out and apply. I was a little taken aback because I would love to work there, but most places don't recruit pregnant girls. I guess when that is what you do all day, being pregnant isn't such a bad thing there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment