Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Our first ear infection

For the last several days, Claire has been grabbing at her ear and being cranky. Unfortunately these two things together are not that unusual since the girls are starting to discover they have body parts like fingers and toes, and Claire is frequently cranky. She has not had a fever so I have not been thinking she had an ear infection. Yesterday she ate about half of what she usually does and has started waking up at night screaming. OK, that was the kicker. I called the pediatrician today and they fit Claire in at lunch. She does indeed have an ear infection and will start on antibiotics today. With Marc's history of frequent ear infections we didn't want to mess around. I would not have felt that I was wasting my time if it had been nothing, but it is nice to know that your instincts are right sometimes. Hopefully Claire can start feeling better soon.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

OHHH, ear infections can be scary things if left untreated. I had a bad one a couple years ago. Good to know it was caught.

rachaeljanae said...

I'm so glad to know you found out. I saw her tugging on her ears, but when you guys said she'd never been sick, I thought it probably wasn't an ear infection. Colds are usually the triggers. Sometimes it's nice when it actually is something and easily fixed with medication!

Melanie said...

Oh, I feel so badly for Claire! I sure hope she didn't get the "Inman ears"! I'm glad you got her to the doctor and she's on the mend. Give her kisses from us!

Kristy said...

Great fun!!! 3 out of 4 of my kids had tubes so we had fair share of ear infections. I hope she feels better!

Su said...

Poor little princess! At least it's something that can be fixed. I hope Alice remains well. Hugs all around...