Since Marc got laid off from his job in December, he has been staying at home with the girls while I go to work. He is lucky that his mom is able to come up and help most days, so he is rarely alone with them, but if it happens he can handle it. We are also fortunate that my mom comes up on the days I have off so Marc can have some alone (sort of) time. (Alone time around here means in another room with headphones in. That way if you are desperately needed you are available.) He is doing such a great job. I know that he would rather be out in the world, but he claims that he is enjoying (or trying to) his time with Alice and Claire. I think it helps that we know many men that are, or have been at some point, stay-at-home dads. We feel very fortunate that I have a good job and one of us can stay home. I would hate it if we were both missing out on this time with the girls. They are starting to be so fun and interactive. Claire smiles, blows bubbles and loves attention. Alice loves to talk and has just started to realize that her hand is attached to her body and she can control it. The other day she was making friends with her fist and had quite the conversation with it.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Mr Mom
Since Marc got laid off from his job in December, he has been staying at home with the girls while I go to work. He is lucky that his mom is able to come up and help most days, so he is rarely alone with them, but if it happens he can handle it. We are also fortunate that my mom comes up on the days I have off so Marc can have some alone (sort of) time. (Alone time around here means in another room with headphones in. That way if you are desperately needed you are available.) He is doing such a great job. I know that he would rather be out in the world, but he claims that he is enjoying (or trying to) his time with Alice and Claire. I think it helps that we know many men that are, or have been at some point, stay-at-home dads. We feel very fortunate that I have a good job and one of us can stay home. I would hate it if we were both missing out on this time with the girls. They are starting to be so fun and interactive. Claire smiles, blows bubbles and loves attention. Alice loves to talk and has just started to realize that her hand is attached to her body and she can control it. The other day she was making friends with her fist and had quite the conversation with it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm sure that you will both look back and be glad that you did not miss out on these times with them, I am happy that you share the responsibility and each get some alone time. If we had twins I would probably go crazy!
I'm glad you found a solution that works. Sometimes you have to be creative, and it's nice that he's being a good sport about it. Husbands that are fully capable with the kids are invaluable!
How wonderful to have a supportive husband, willing to make it work! Also how wonderful to have mothers to help!
I didn't know Marc had been laid off. I'm sorry to hear the news and I hope things are ok for you guys in the meantime.
But I'm glad Marc can be at home with them so they've got a parent there. I think it's the best possible arrangement for your situation. You won't worry so much knowing that they're with their Daddy. :D
Post a Comment