When I am in charge of my girls I either like to go out and do something fun or do a fun project at home to keep them busy. I decided they were old enough this year to participate in the Anderson family tradition of making and decorating gingerbread houses. I never realized how challenging it is to make a gingerbread house from scratch. Needless to say I started out with grandiose ideas and quickly scaled back once the project was started. I made one gingerbread house and decided the girls only needed little ones so I made them a couple out of graham crackers. They were actually the prefect size and quite sturdy too. I also opted to use canned frosting to apply the candy since the best gingerbread house frosting is made with raw egg whites and therefore not safe to eat in case they decided to pull some candy off later to munch on. It was actually really fun even if their houses weren't perfect. Of course that may be years off before they get really creative. For my recipe and instructions visit my treat blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment