Today was a long day for the girls. We met my mom at the Discovery Gateway and played there for a few hours. I need to remember to call in advance to make sure there are no school groups scheduled for the day. I have never seen it so crowded. I don't think the girls cared, but my mom and I were both annoyed. After the museum we met up with Marc, Lauren, Karmin, and Lauren's friends Mirinda and Carolina for lunch. We decided to go to Market Street Grill since the Dine-O-Round is currently going on and there was a lunch special for $10 (a totally good deal there). It was delicious. The highlight of the whole day (for the girls) was riding Trax. We rode Trax a few blocks to the restaurant and back to the Gateway so we wouldn't have to find parking. The only train they have ridden is the one at the zoo, so this was a special treat. Alice wasn't too sure about it at first, but quickly was super excited. Whenever the train would stop she would get mad and say "Again!" When we were done with lunch and heading back to the train, as soon as Claire saw it her eyes got wide and her mouth dropped open in anticipation. It was very cute. I took some pics of the girls on their first train ride. They don't look as excited as they were because they were too absorbed in the moment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It was fun to see you, lunch was great and the girls are adorable!
School groups...boo. We stay away from a the zoo/children's museum this time of year for that reason. Go on a Monday, teachers usually don't schedule field trips on mondays.
Post a Comment