Yesterday we went to the doctor for the 18th month checkup and booster shots. Fun times.
The stats are:
Alice
18.57 lbs (0%, did you realize there WAS a 0%, I had no idea. We are officially off the charts)
29.75" (7%)
Claire
21.5 lbs (12%)
30.5" (18%)
We learned that Alice is the size of an average 9 month old and Claire the average 12 month old. We have learned there are lots of reasons that small kids rock!
1. Clothes last forever. We get to wear outfits much longer than other kids.
2. People think you are cuter when you are small.
3. It is so impressive to see what you think is a 9 month old baby walking and talking.
4. People don't expect as much out of your kids. (As my mom put it, if you have a 2 year old who looks 4, people think they should be better behaved etc.)
5. As a small child you can fit into the tiniest spaces. I am constantly amazed at what kind of spaces they can squeeze their little bodies into.
6. You can be carried around longer.
7. Small kids can't climb out of their cribs, up on the fireplace, onto the couch, onto chairs, or other dangerous places.
I know there are many more, and if you think of any, leave a comment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love the list - it is so true!! Madeleine used to be small but no longer.
They are so cute! Maybe it's the round little cheeks, but they don't look so tiny as you always say they are. Maybe in real life it's a little different....
How fun - my Ali is off the charts on the other side....we have her 2 year appointment next week, we'll see where she is. :)
I doubt it will make the sassy attitudes smaller when they hit 2, but it's worth hoping for!
SO true - I'm sure people wonder why my looks-like-a-4-year-old boy is still acting like he's 2...
Post a Comment