Sunday, February 7, 2010

They grow up so fast

Today the girls went into nursery for the first time. Last week we were extended a calling to teach the 5-year old primary class. We tried to tell them we wouldn't be able to do it for 2 more months because the girls are 16 months old and we wouldn't be able to handle a primary class and our girls. They quickly retorted that it had already been arranged for us to put the girls in nursery early. Shoot! Oh well. Our primary class has 3 boys and 1 girl. The girl wasn't there today, but the boys were pretty funny. There is one kid who is silent, one who is super loud, and another who is very good and likes to participate. I think we'll enjoy the class, we'll see. This is a definite change for Marc who has been in the Elder's Quorm presidency for the last 5 years. He is looking forward to having a "Sunday only" calling.
Back to the girls. Claire had a little fit when she realized I was leaving her there, but I left first and Marc calmed her down before he left. Alice jumped right in playing with the legos. We were told that they did great. When I went to pick them up they were happy and playing, so I think they will do great. This is another benefit of twins. In a new situation where we aren't there, they have each other so it isn't so scary.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

That is a great thing about twins. I am a primary sub and I don't think I could do it every week haha!

Relaxed Cat said...

awesome that they did so well! bummer you couldn't get out of it! ;)
Simon and I have the sunbeams. HANDFUL!!!!!!

Su said...

Sounds like they did really really well for first timer nursery goers. I was hoping you could have a break and go to RS by yourself for at least a few weeks, but I suppose you'll be alright. I'm glad you have a small class at least! I'm primary chorister and counting my blessings - being a primary teacher might actually kill me.

Mary Ann (Crockett) Ahlstrom said...

So I put Dayton in nursery at 16 months because of my calling as well. Then at 18 months (even after having been to nursery several times) he wigged out and hasn't been able to not cry in nursery since. I hope you have better luck than us. I'm in the presidency of the Primary and we are SO grateful for our teachers! You'll do great.