Friday, June 26, 2009

Utah Art Festival 2009


Today we went to the Utah Arts Festival. Marc found out that the admission was half price if we went today between 12 and 3, so of course we decided to go. It was fun and the weather was nice, not too hot. The girls were really good and we had a great time. There were a lot of really fun booths and we ended up buying the cutest toy for the girls. We were talking to the guy at the booth who told us that his mother designed the toys, his wife sews them, and he and his son sell them. That is the best things about the arts festival, being able to buy from small family companies or local artists. I also love that everyone has websites now so if you can't or don't want to buy whatever right now, you can get it later. We found some custom puzzles that we may buy once the girls are a bit older. If you live close by, I highly recommend going to Library Square for the Arts Fest!

4 comments:

rachaeljanae said...

That looks like a great church toy. I like going to our local farmer's market for the same reason. They have handmade crafts and local stuff. Fun to have unique things like that.

Lauren said...

How fun, I am glad that the girls were on good behavior. I am sure that makes a huge difference when going out. The website thing is also a good "thanks, but no thanks" HAHA.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a ton of fun. I've been hoping to make it to the fFarmer's Market down here in Provo...hopefully there are some fun things to find there, too.

Melanie said...

The safari mat is adorable! The girls will LOVE it! And Grandpa Jensen would be so proud to know that another generation is being exposed to safari animals. ;)