Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Claire the athlete

A few days ago we were having "tummy time" with Claire and she rolled over. I thought it was a fluke so I put her back on her tummy and she did it again. I couldn't believe it. When she was doing it again this morning I needed documentation. She will only do it when she it calm. If she gets frustrated and upset she can't figure it out. I was so baffled that I had to look up when she should be doing this in my child development book. This task is usually accomplished around 15 weeks. Since she is a preemie we are supposed to gauge her development from her due date, which is Nov. 4th. This means developmentally she is -1 week. As she gets older it will be interesting to see how she develops.

5 comments:

Melanie said...

We all knew she's a genius! Now there's proof! Let's hope she can teach her sis a few things when she gets home. We're excited to see them TOGETHER again!!!

rachaeljanae said...

Amazing! So whose genes are the athletic ones?

Natalie said...

wow! That is impressive!

Natalie said...

so does Alice get released today?! good luck! How exciting!

Lauren said...

The athletic gene does not flow through my genes but that is crazy that she pulled that off at -1 week old. She was probably doing somersaults in the womb.