Thursday, June 12, 2008

Family and school

My sister and her family were in town this week for a surprise birthday party for her mother in law. I was fun to see her and get to hang out for a bit. She had a BBQ on Monday and invited some friends over we don't see often. All of the girls were either pregnant, just had a baby, or trying to get pregnant. I guess that is how it goes when a bunch of Mormon girls in their late 20s get together. Rachael was very nice and brought me some of Jenna's clothes that she has outgrown. It was also nice to talk to her about her baby experiences and what books she liked and all of that.
On another note, I just started my last semester of Ultrasound school. Yeah! This is just a short 8 week course that reviews everything we have learned and prepares us to take the registry (which I am not elegible to take for at least another year, probably longer since I will not be working for as long as I can after the girls are born). But I am glad to be in the home stretch. My doctor has told me that I will need to try and cut back my activity and hours at work if I can in August. Well that will be conviently easy for me. I will still work full time at the sleep lab until I am put on disability, but not being in school will feel like a vacation to me.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

It was great to see you over the weekend. You really do look great and I'm glad you are feeling well too. I read on Rach's blog you are at Utah Valley... I didn't realize that, I thought you were just up in Salt Lake. Maybe I will need to come visit! The pictures you did for her turned out awesome. (Let me know more about that shower.)

Lauren said...

I am always jealous when my sisters get to hang out but now that you have joined the baby club maybe I was not missing anything! My whole ward is in the baby club and while I can sit patiently through the pregnancy and breast feeding talks it is certainly not my scene. Sounds like it was fun for y'all though!