On Monday we took a flight back to Lima, had a few hours to do last minute shopping, and had our farewell dinner. For dinner we went to a restaurant in Lima that was operated by a famous Peruvian chef. As much as I liked the trip, the food overall was not my favorite and I will probably not seek our Peruvian food in the future. Corn and potatoes can only take me so far. We said our goodbyes to the group and our guide and went to bed early. We had to get up quite early for our flight out of Lima to Miami which was about 7 hours long. Luckily there were lots of movies to entertain us, so it was OK. When we got to Miami we picked up to the rental car and headed straight to Denny's for some American food! My grilled cheese sandwich was sooooo good :). We slept overnight in Fort Lauderdale and are currently sitting in the airport waiting for our flight home.
We had such a fun time. It was great to spend time with my parents and to see such a beautiful country full of history. My favorite part of the trip was Machu Picchu. Marc's favorite part was going into regular Peruvian houses to see how people lived. My mom's favorite part was the salt mines. I forgot to ask my dad what his favorite part was. This was definitely a trip of a lifetime and I highly recommend it to anyone who isn't afraid of a little altitude :).
I am looking forward to being home, sleeping in my own bed, and especially getting back to my girls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment