In October of 2010 a friend of mine found a pattern for a Paper Doll Quilt by a local pattern designer. Several of us in the canyon decided to attempt to make this quilt together. We had no idea it would take this long. We have been working on it one a week for 2-5 hours at a time in an attempt to complete this project. I think the only way to do a project of this magnitude was in a group. I looked forward to going to get the canyon gossip and meet with friends. The best part of doing it all together was sharing fabrics, techniques and ideas.
We started out making the dolls and the outfits, leaving the quilt for last. As I was nearing completion of the outfits and was contemplating the quilt I decided it was ridiculous to make the quilt but I needed a way to store the dolls and make it portable. The solution, a book! In order to make the book I had to either get rid of two outfits or make up 2 more. I won't tell you which ones are my personal creations, but if you guess which ones correctly you might win a prize (hint: there are actually 2 since I didn't want to do 2 ball gowns). I think it turned out really cute and my girls LOVE it!

3 comments:
Wow, wow, wow. Absolutely adorable!
I give up they are all cute. which ones are yours?
That is so cute and certainly looks like work :)
Post a Comment