Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Claire Flair

Claire is my fancy girl. She insists on wearing fancy clothes and loves her jewelry. She regularly throws temper tantrums over outfits and is very particular about how I fix her hair. She has recently started insisting on wearing a dress or skirt every day. Compromise is a big part of our mornings as she hasn't quite got coordinating down. 
Sundays are a special treat for her because she is allowed to wear her fancy dresses.
Our biggest challenge thus far has been shoes. She was wide feet, which means the shoes available to her are limited, expensive, and not always easy or cheap to come by.
Claire has also become the fashion police at our house. She is not shy to let anyone know that they look funny or their outfit is unacceptable. I love when she compliments me on my shoes or a shirt I am wearing. It always gives me a chuckle. 
The most recent development: Nightgowns.
I once had a friend tell me that if she had a daughter she wouldn't allow her to dress girly or be into princesses. I hope she never has a daughter because kids are who they are. Flair it up Claire!







1 comment:

Lauren Hardy said...

That is so adorable. Marianne White and I were friends though our barbie phase and we still joke about how we would play the same scenario together and yet my barbies were in ball gowns and hers in soccer shorts.