We arrived home today after a long ordeal. We left the condo around 9:00 California time (10:00 Utah time). We had the option to stay the night at Marc's cousin's house in St George, my mom's house in Orem, or drive all the way home. We drove past St George at about 4:00 and decided to power through and try to get to my mom's. The girls were extremely cranky and only took a 45 minute nap all day, but we made it. We arrived at my mom's around 9:30. We were so glad to be close to home and be able to get home earlier, or so we thought. When we arrived at the cabin Marc detected an unsavory smell that I first missed, not the most welcoming thing to encounter when getting home from a week long vacation. Marc started searching the house for the mystery stink and found this.
This is the downstairs fridge. Marc called me down and as soon as I entered the stairway the smell of rotting meat hit me. Judging from the smell/mess we encountered, the fridge and freezer must have given out shortly after we left. Eeeewwww!
So instead of getting a bit of time to recoup and put our things away, we got to clean out the fridge and throw away A LOT of meat. (I'm the most annoyed about that). The basement still reeks and the flies are congregating around the drier vent. Tomorrow we will be investing in some industrial strength deodorizers. I have the best husband ever who did most of the blood sopping. I guess it's time to go check out new basement refrigerators.
1 comment:
oh - that is the worst!!! So sorry!
Post a Comment