Alice adored being pampered. She loves to have her nails clipped, her toenails painted, and her hair brushed. She always wants a bow in her hair. Too bad she doesn't have any hair! Claire is the opposite. When I clip her nails you would think I was trying to kill her. Claire also likes to have her hair brushed, but not to the extent that Alice loves it.
Alice pretending to clip her nails.
Claire hair is actually long enough to put clips and pigtails in, but again, she acts as if she is being tortured when I try. I'm actually thinking about cutting Claire's hair to try and minimize the mullet as to require less effort on my part. Alice also really like playing with my hair and Claire's.
It's just sad that the one who loves hair has so little.
This picture is to demonstrate how much she loves bows. If she sees one laying around she will insist that I put it in her hair, even if she already has one. She has major problems with jealousy and at times gets very upset if Claire touches her or whatever she is playing with. Alice also loves singing and sings all day. Often when she wakes up from her nap we don't hear crying, but singing coming from her room. Her favorite books are the books that have songs. She is just starting to string two words together and will sing the first two words of whatever song she want to sing (Head shoulders, Away manger, A B, Itsy spider, etc). For all this she isn't totally feminine. She adores dinosaurs and we NEED to read "How do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight" before bed (if we don't she growls until we do.) She also really likes balls and is an excellent throw and kicks really well. Alice is my silly girl and I love her.
2 comments:
i love how they are so individual. there's just no mistaking the one for the other these days. they're just so smart and sweet, i definitely think you guys win the good parenting prize!
(i won the prize the other day when allan saw another kid having a tantrum in the store - he leaned over and "SSHHHH!"-ed the offending toddler.)
They are so cute! I'm with Alice, I love that dinosaur book.
Post a Comment