Marc has been out of work all year, but has taken this time to be with our daughters and work on projects of his own. It has been so great for Marc to spend quality time with the girls when they are so young. I am confident that Marc and the girls will always have a wonderful relationship and much of that is attributed to the last year. I have also loved having him home when I need him and being able to spend time together.
I also struggled to find work this year, but was able to continue working at the sleep lab until a suitable job came along. My current job at the new Park City Hospital is the most perfect job for my current situation. I love it and can't say enough good about it. I love not having set hours and just being on call. This way I am still keeping up my skills and collecting a paycheck, but I don't have the burden of a traditional job. I also had the opportunity to go back to school and finish my bachelors degree.
The girls are so much fun and are growing so fast. They are small for their age, but they are so smart. They say so many words and sign all the time. They love playing games like peek-a-boo and to be thrown into the air. Every day things get easier.
We have been so blessed to have all the help we could ask for. Marc's mom has been coming to our house 2-3 times per week to watch the girls while I am away at school and to allow Marc time to work on his projects. My mom also comes on Fridays when she is around and loves to take the girls to fun places. She has also bought them memberships to the zoo and the Discovery Gateway so we can get out of the house when we get cabin fever.
When I think back on the year, I have to believe that things happen for a reason. I am so grateful for the opportunities and help I have been given and look forward to next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment