Sunday, September 13, 2009

Avenues Street Fair





For my Community Health class, I needed to volunteer somewhere for 3 hours that has something to do with community health. I got an email from my work saying they needed volunteer for the Avenues Street Fair to work the water stations. I thought this would be the perfect opportunity, so I signed up. Yesterday was the fair and I got there around 9:00 and stayed until 12:00. Basically I sat at the first aid station chatting with the first aid nurses until the 5 gallon jug of water was running low and then I would refill it. It was a hot day, so in my 3 hours, I refilled it 3 times. It was easy and kind of fun. At 12:00, Marc showed up with the girls and we wandered around for awhile. It was fun to get out, and get a school project done at the same time. The pictures here are from the fair's website. In the second one, you can see Marc on the far left. The third picture shows my booth (blue tent on the left) although I'm apparently not there.

No comments: