Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Potica Day



Yesterday was the girls first Potica Day. Potica (poe-TEET-sah) is a Polish nut bread that Marc's mom and Aunt Dott make every year for the family. It is a very labor intensive process and takes all day, but it is amazing. When we were first married Marc insisted that I learn the art to pass on to our kids, so I have done it every year for the last 5 years. I think my help is appreciated since it is hard on your back to be bending to roll the dough out. It is fun to have traditions like that to pass on to your kids. When the girls are older we will have our own Potica Day, but until they can help we will just keep assisting.





This photo is in Aunt Dott's living room with their Christmas "Tree"

4 comments:

rachaeljanae said...

That's great to have such a strong tradition. What a neat and unique thing to pass on.

Lauren said...

I like the giraffe tree!

Molly said...

The girls are adorable - they are looking great!!! Happy Holidays!

Melanie said...

My potica is GREAT! Thanks for your hard work! Next year I'll try not to have a full work day.