Wednesday, December 31, 2008

End of the year contemplations



This year has been extremely unpredictable and a little weird. Some things were expected, many were not. I expected to get pregnant, but not with twins. I never expected to have a kid with health problems, but there it is. I am very lucky that everything that Alice has gone through is fixable and she will grow up with no lasting effects. I know that everyone says when you have children your life will never be the same, but WHOA! I never expected it to be this different. For us there will never be normal again. Everyday is a new adventure.
Alice doesn't need a lot of attention unless she has just had a new cast or something, then all she wants is to be held and to know that we are there. She is a very sweet girl and bears her issues the best she can. She rarely cries and when she does it is because she is in pain or uncomfortable. She is easily comforted and loves to snuggle with her dad. Alice isn't a big fan of new people and new places.
Claire is fun and smiley, but demanding. When she wants something, she wants it NOW. Claire thrives on a schedule and does best when she is in her routine. She loves to eat, I think she is trying to grow as fast as she can. She is also a champion sleeper. Claire loves to be in the middle of the excitement and doesn't like to be alone.
It is incredible how different the girls are in looks and temperament, but we love them both so much and are amazed at how blessed we are.

3 comments:

Jason, Kodi, Jake and Tyler said...

Hey! Your girls are so cute!! I am sure it is super hard to have to see your sweet little girl in casts like that, but it makes me greatful that we have such great doctors! I hope you don't mind if I peek at your blog sometimes. I fell on it from rachel's blog. See ya! Kodi

Su said...

There's no normal anymore, I totally agree! Like your body, the rest of life after babies doesn't go back to normal, they go back to different.

I'm so relieved to hear that they're sleeping (mostly) through the night. You'll feel like a new person! I am hoping that little Alice will be through it all soon, and it looks like she's making great progress. You're a fantastic mom Fran, keep it up!

Melanie said...

We're so grateful that they're members of our family! They are both such sweeties, and we can't imagine our lives without them now, either. You're a great mommy! Keep up the good work!