Saturday, April 26, 2008

Hawaii Bliss


Just as I suspected, I am pretty bad at updating this thing. But today I am Hawaii, so I have a good excuse. We have been here for the last few days for Ryan's baptism. (Marc's nephew). We did that yesterday at the beach and it was pretty cool. But we have been enjoying going to the beach everyday and soaking up the sun while it is snowing in Utah. We did have a bit of a trick getting here however. When I went online to check us in to our flights it wouldn't let me. As I looked closer, it was because the flight times had changed and we would no longer be able to make our connection in LAX. So I called up Delta and got everything straightened out, and just to be nice the guy on the phone changed our flights on the way home to eliminate a 4 hour layover. Yeah! But that also meant we left Salt Lake 2 hours earlier that we were anticipating, so I forgot a lot of stuff. Like my camera and Maui travel book. Or maybe it is pregnancy brain kicking in. I don't know. 
So the first day here we stayed and Eddie and Kristine's house in Pearl City, which was really fun. It was so awesome to see them and spend some time together. Since Eddie is so busy with his 3 jobs. He couldn't spend the day with us, but Kristine took us to Kialua Beach Park which was fabulous. It was a great beach with not a lot of waves or people and Marc and I decided we could definatly live here. Later that day we picked up Marc's family from the airport and made our way to the North Shore where we stayed at the Liai Inn ext to the PCC.
We went to the Polynesian Cultural Center on Thursday and did the whole dinner and show thing. It was fun, but the best part was seeing my friend MaryAnn Crockett and her husband at the dinner. It is always fun to see people when you are far from home.
We are having a blast and are headed to Maui today for a week. Before we leave we are planning on hiking Diamond Head, so we shall see how that goes.

No comments: