Sunday, October 17, 2010

A quick trip to Logan

This week was Fall Break so with my couple of days off I took the girls (along with my mom) to visit my grandparents in Logan. The first stop was to my friend Su's house where it was so nice to catch up with her for a bit while our kids played. We then went to the cheese factory where we discovered SUPER cheap shelf stable single serve milks (I buy these for my girls on the run. They are normally $1.20, I buy them when they go on sale for $1, at the factory they were $.30. YEAH!). We then headed over to my grandparents. Shockingly the girls warmed up very quickly, especially to my grandma. I think her toys helped. My grandma gave Claire a kitty that she has been holding onto ever since.
We were planning on going out to dinner but when we called my Aunt Gail's house to see if they wanted to come we found out my cousin Stephanie and her kids were there and they invited us over for french toast and carmel apples. Since we were there to visit we couldn't pass up the invitation. I also knew that my girls would do much better at my aunt's house then at a restaurant. I was right. They had a really good time playing with the kids and making carmel apples.

Alice and Ellie


Anyone who knows Alice knows what a big deal this picture is

The girls were really silly before bed



We ended the visit with lunch at the senior center. My grandparents
volunteer there quite a bit.

We had a really fun visit and will try to get up to Logan more often. It was fun to see my grandparents one-on-one instead of part of a crowd, which is how we usually see them.

1 comment:

Su said...

it was so fun to see you guys! Seriously, come up anytime