Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer so far

I can't believe how busy I am sometimes. We have been remodeling the basement in our rental to bring in more money and hopefully make it more livable for us if we ever move back. Needless to say, that is taking up a lot of my time. Add to that a full summer semester load which includes biostatistics, I feel like a chicken with its head cut off sometimes. I also started working on Fridays at the Park City hospital. When I have previously covered shifts there are not many patients scheduled so I had time to do homework. Recently, the schedule has really been picking up and I have been super busy. So long extra homework day. We had so much to do this week that the girls had a sleep over with Rara and Papa Monday night. It was nice to run errands without the kids, but I still only got about half of my desired projects out of the way and no homework. I never thought I would say this, but I am looking forward to the end of summer. Mostly for this semester to be over and the remodel completed. I am so grateful to Rara who watches the kids all the time and is so flexible with my crazy schedule. Here are some pictures from our summer so far.
The girls adore looking at each other through windows
The girls LOVE to play on the deck
This is what Alice does when I ask her to smile
Claire has been boycotting smiles for the camera
The girls still love to swing as much as ever

Both girls like to wear their "glassees." Alice particularly hates sun in her eyes and cries for her glasses regularly in the car.
Claire doesn't like wind and as soon as she feels a breeze she insists on putting her hat on.

No comments: